Served as a colorful side dish or the main course, this seasonal recipe stars immune-boosting kale with omega-3 from the chopped walnuts.
- 2⁄3 cup dry quinoa cook per package instructions
- 3 Large Handfuls Raw Kale stalks removed & finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 3 medium apples core removed and diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet onion
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1⁄2 ea lemon – juice of
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Cook dry quinoa as per package instructions.
- Add the quinoa to a large mixing bowl along with remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix until dressing is evenly distributed.
- Serve warm salad immediately or chilled.
Source: Amanda Hershberg