We’ve perfected this latest healthy eating trend with a quick broil of the bell pepper to bring out flavor and strengthen its hold on yummy sandwich fillings. Lend your lunch some extra crunch, without the carbs. Grab a napkin and enjoy! You can omit certain ingredients to be Whole30 or keto compliant.
- Large Bell Pepper, look for a symmetrical pepper. We prefer red/yellow for flavor.
- Your favorite sandwich toppings of choice, can include:
- Sliced deli turkey
- Cooked bacon
- Sandwich cheese
- Avocado sliced
- Lettuce or sprouts
- Set oven or toaster oven to broil at 450º.
- Slice the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil and salt on inside of bell pepper half, place on baking sheet cut side up and broil for 10 minutes (oven temperatures vary so keep an eye on it. When finished, skin should be slightly wrinkled).
- Remove and cool
- Take one half and turn with inside ‘bowl’ toward you. Layer your favorite sandwich toppings of choice
- Top with second half and enjoy your guilt-free sandwich!