Freshly grated Gruyere cheese elevates the flavor while Salmon provides healthy omega 3’s in this one-dish dinner, perfect for sharing!
Source: St. Joseph Health
- 2 cups flaked cooked salmon fillet (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and shredded2 cups cooked tri-color chunky pasta
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pieces, chopped (not oil-packed)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine salmon, spinach, celery, and pasta in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat milk in a small sauce pan; don’t let it boil. Stir in mustard and half the Gruyere until it melts. Add sun-dried tomatoes and fennel seeds.
- Let cook for a few minutes until tomatoes are softened.
- Pour sauce over salmon mixture. Top with remaining Gruyere.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Each serving contains about 400 calories, 31 g protein, 16.5 g fat (37 percent calories from fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 29.5 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, and 611 mg sodium.