As background, Personally Identifiable Information, as described in US privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
What information do we collect
When using our site, you may be asked to enter information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience, and we may collect information from your visit using device identification, logs, location identification, cookies, or other methods. When visiting, joining, or using a facility we operate, or using our programs or services outside such a facility, you may be asked to provide information appropriate to the services you are using, including Personally Identifiable Information, health information, photo identification, and information about your activities in or outside the facilities we operate.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you visit our site, register on our site, make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat or otherwise enter information on our site, or visit, join, or use a facility we operate, or use our services outside such a facility. We may also collect information about you from third party providers of technology or fitness services which you use as part of accessing facilities or services we operate.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website, facilities, and services in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To help us determine which services we provide are appropriate for you.
- To help us make recommendations to you for services you might want.
- To help us better understand how our services are used.
- To help us design new services.
We may retain the information we collect as long as permitted by applicable law.
Do we use “cookies”?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since Web browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses at any time.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Use of Google Services and Google Cookies
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Policies. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Learn more about theses policies here.
We may use third-party services including but not limited to:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces COPPA, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
We may collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subject lines or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor our third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe at any time.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us here and we will promptly remove you.
Synergy Health Club
1201 Redwood Way
Petaluma, CA 94954
Last edited on January 4, 2018